Photos of Delft of William of Orange

August 8 2020 (1 days)


1 2
Jacques van MarkenThe director of the yeast factory founded the Agnetapark for employees
AgnetaparkA small group of workers homes
BagijntorenThe Bagijntoren now houses an escape room
De Roos windmillThe tower mill De Roos was built in 1679
Hofje van AlmondeThe small Almonde courtyard next to the Begijnhof
Oude DelftThe Oude Delft is the oldest canal in the city of Delft
Historic Delft canalThe canal was probably dug around 1100
Smallest houseThe smallest house of Delft is at Oude Delft 147
GemeenlandshuisThe Gemeenlandshuis from 1605 is now the headquarters of the Water Board
PrinsenhofThe exhibition in the Prinsenhof
Assassination of OrangeThe place where William of Orange was murdered in 1584
Grave of William of OrangeA replica of the gravestone of William of Orange
MonasteryThe Prinsenhof was formerly a monastery
William the SilentStatue of William the Silent in the garden of the Prinsenhof
Coat of arms of SavoyA residential house from 1565 now used as an archive
Saint Hippolytus ChapelThe chapel dates from 1400 but was lost in the city fire of 1536
Delft centerThe cozy old center of Delft
City hallThe city hall built around the tower het Steen
Delft city hallThe tower survived the city fire of 1536
New Church DelftThe impressive New Church dates from 1396 it was damaged several times by fire
Orange family cryptThe entrance to the crypt under the church
Market SquareView of the city hall on Delfts Market Square
William of OrangeThe tomb of William of Orange in the New Church
New ChurchThe interior of the New Church
1 2